the World, Inc.
Headquartered in Indianapolis,
|A) THE HOLY BIBLE |
B) ONE TRUE GOD C) JESUS IS THE GOD-MAN D) SALVATION
- The Holy Bible is the inspired Word of GOD and the New Testament is the basis for our beliefs and practices in this church.
- We believe that the Holy Bible was written by men who were divinely inspired, and is a perfect treasure of Divine revelation and heavenly instruction.
(II Timothy 3:16, 17)
- The Bible gives the true history of the creation of the heavens, the earth, and of mankind. It has GOD as its author, salvation as its end, and truth without any mixture of error for its matter.
- The Bible is a perfect revelation of the mind and will of GOD, and of GOD's purpose and plan for humankind.
- We contend that there is true harmony in all the scriptures, when rightly divided (II Timothy 2:15), and that there is no plan of eternal salvation apart from that which is revealed within the pages of the Holy Scriptures.
- We believe that salvation is wholly of grace, being provided by the atoning death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- We believe that Jesus Christ paid the penalty for the sins of all mankind, thereby redeeming us from everlasting punishment by the all-sufficient sacrifice of Himself on the cross at Calvary.
- We receive salvation by exercising a faith that produces in us obedience to the Gospel message.
F) THE HOLY SPIRIT
- We accept GOD's plan of salvation of baptism by water and spirit. Jesus Christ, who was our perfect example, though sinless, was baptized to fulfill righteousness.
(John 3:5; Matthew 3:15-17, Mark 1:9-11)
- Water baptism is essential for forgiveness of sins, and confirms our belief that Jesus Christ is the Son of GOD.
(Acts 2:38; Acts 8:37, Acts 22:16)
- Water baptism confirms the application of the blood of Jesus to the individual believer. It is the acknowledgment that the repentant believer receives Jesus as his/her personal Saviour and Lord and that the forgiveness and remission of personal sins is produced (validated, verified).
(1 Peter 3:21)
- Water-baptism is the actual declaration and affirmation of change from the old life to the new.
(2 Corinthians 5:17, Romans 6:3-4)
- Water baptism should be by immersion (Matthew 3:15-17, Acts 8:38-39), following the example and teachings of Christ's chosen apostles- in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
(Acts. 2:38, Acts 8:16, Acts 10:48, Acts 19:3-5, Colossians 3:17)
- The baptism of the Holy Ghost is the birth of the Spirit (John 3:5), necessary to place the believer in the kingdom of GOD or the body of Christ (the Church).
(I Cor. 12:12-13)
- To be filled with the Spirit means to be Spirit controlled as expressed by Paul.
- The outpouring of the Holy Ghost on the Day of Pentecost marked a "new dispensation" in the Spirit's dealings with humanity as prophesied in the Old Testament.
(Isa. 28:11-12, Joel 2:28-29, Acts 2:16-21)
- The baptism of the Holy Ghost was also foretold by John the Baptist (Matt. 3:11), and promised by Jesus Christ. (John 14:26, 15:26)
- We believe that rebirth by the Holy Spirit is essential today as it was in the days of the Apostles.
- Tongue-speaking is the result of the baptism in the Holy Ghost with the manifestations of the fruit of the spirit.
(Acts 2:4, Galatians 5:22-23; Acts 10:46, 19:1-6)
- When one receives the baptismal Holy Ghost experience, we believe one will speak with a tongue unknown to oneself according to the sovereign will of Christ. Speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance is the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
- We believe Holiness to be GOD's standard of living for His people.
- We believe in a life of humility, consecration, and Godliness.
|P.O. Box 461, 1415 Elliott Avenue |
South Boston, VA 24592
|434-575-5570 (phone) || 434- 575-1116 (fax) |